Feb 03 , 2022
Do & Don’t For Healthy Life Naturally
First thing after we get up in the morning is the urge to clear bowel. We feel light and fresh after answering to nature’s call. But sometimes due to faulty lifestyle an individual has hard stool that are difficult to expel. In common terms we call it constipation or kabja .
Why does it happen??
- Lack of fiber in the diet- eating junk and processed food
- Eating in a hurry while watching tv or when our mind is not focused on food
- Due to physical inactivity.
- Certain medications.
- Old age- as we get older, metabolism slows down resulting in constipation.
- Changes in daily routine like travelling for longer duration, or changes in sleep pattern or meal timings.
- Intentionally suppressing the urge to go to toilet.
- Not drinking enough water.
- Certain conditions of rectum or colon.
What can be done regarding diet and lifestyle?
- Increase intake of fiber or roughage- whole fruits is better than juices. Add bran to flour. Take alsi, chia seeds which have high fiber content.
- Fruits- apple, ripe banana, guava, papaya, pear, kiwi and citrus fruits like oranges.
- Have a soup made with spinach, tomato and add other veggies as well.
- Drink 7-8 glasses of water each day, preferably lukewarm in winters and room -temperature water in summers.
- Be physically active for at least 30-45 minutes daily.
- Eat whole grains and nuts.
- The food should be warm and freshly -prepared,
- Meals should be taken at proper time.
- Take one table spoon of castor oil with warm milk at bed time until you get relief.
- Develop a habit of drinking water in the morning. Start with 2 glasses of water, and increase intake up to 6 – 7 glasses. It is more beneficial if this water can be stored in a copper container overnight.
- Soak 3-4 dried figs/anjeer overnight in water. Eat them first thing in the morning, and also drink the water in which they were soaked. They should also be taken in the evening.
- Boil 4-5 munakka in the milk and drink it.
- Apply 3 to 4 drops of lukewarm castor oil over the navel at night in kids. It will help in clearing the bowel movements in kids (of age 1- 3 years) in the morning. Balanced nabhi is the most important factor for digestive health.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and should not be considered as a substitute for making medical decisions. Please review this information and discuss it with your doctor or health care provider.